Note de ce sujet :
  • Moyenne : 0 (0 vote(s))

question on transformations

Dear all,

Always OK to discuss to share points of view.

I am not sure that it is easy to split markers in two categories, one category of markers with clearly 2 or 3 peaks that are used to identify populations, and one category of markers that are used for evaluating shift of MFI. Manual gating strategies are using markers without clear peaks. Maybe there are better alternatives, but I have seen such usages.

IIUC, Berndt, you aim at optimizing the separation between 2 (or 3) peaks in a set of markers in order to get a better clustering. It sounds interesting.

Moving intensities away from the evil zero sounds interesting, I never tried. It might be useful to remember that intensities result from the compensation process. So intensities could be shifted back to their original region. There should be 1 or 2 articles in which authors tried to clusterize uncompensated intensities, but I can't remember. Antonio might know about these articles.

The optimization might also depend on the features that are important in the clustering algorithm. Is the separation the most important feature? Is the width of the distribution critical or not? Should it be the same through all clusters?

Best,
Samuel
Répondre

Messages dans ce sujet
question on transformations - par Bernd Jagla - 2022-06-10, 03:26 PM
RE: question on transformations - par Bernd Jagla - 2022-06-15, 01:47 PM
RE: question on transformations - par SGranjeaud - 2022-06-15, 03:15 PM
RE: question on transformations - par SGranjeaud - 2022-06-15, 03:39 PM
RE: question on transformations - par Antonio - 2022-06-15, 11:48 PM

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)